The colour of the moment is bronde. Trudi Brewer shares why this in-between colour is perfect for autumn.
Bronde - a combination of blonde and brown, this transition shade once described as mouse-brown is this season's 'it' colour. Low maintenance, the technique used to create this look is known as Sombre, a range of well-blended shades perfect for anyone who is colour shy or wants to explore a lighter look, without committing to being a true blonde.
Here's how to make it work for you.
1. For those with dark skin and dark brown eyes, who wear gold or silver jewellery you can pull off a more intense bronde colour with warm red and gold overtones.
2. Warm skin tones with green, hazel or amber eyes, gold jewellery works for you, so opt for a chocolate brown, honey bronde combination.
3. The lighter your skin tone, the lighter you can go. Rose gold jewellery looks best on you, so choose tones of butterscotch, strawberry blonde, and honey. These colours help to play up the peachy look of your complexion.
4. If you have very pale skin, wear blue-based blondes such as platinum, flaxen, and champagne to flatter an ivory complexion.
5. The key to wearing this shade is to reveal as much of your natural colour as you can. By incorporating subtle shimmers of gold or copper around the face this colour will add movement and texture. Or anyone with fine hair, this is a great colour technique for adding volume.
5. If you're hair has been dark for years, a softer bronde colour will instantly lift an ageing complexion and take years off your face.
The key to keeping your colour is to use colour preserving shampoo or conditioners. Here's our favourites. For those with dark brunette, bronde tones: