I have been conducting a focus group of one. And it's been pretty easy. Drinking lemon-infused water first thing before coffee, or food and also sipped during the day. Instead of forcing myself to gulp fresh tap water, which I am unless at doing, the addition of tangy citrus is a brilliant change, and I am loving the results. Vegan, gluten free, and paleo it ticks all the on-trend diet boxes, and as I discovered, it gets the thumbs up professional nutritionists for the way it helps to speed up weight loss. In addition to that, drinking lemon water ensures that some of the toxins in your body are flushed out and it promotes quick bursts of energy. If you drink lemon water first thing before breakfast, (I treat it like an intense citrus shot, the juice of one lemon in some warm water and down the hatch), it will help to activate your body's detoxifying process and aid the natural cleansing process. Unlike many beauty principles, when it comes to lemon water, more is more. The more you drink, the more it ought to speed up weight loss and other health benefits.
Five reasons to drink lemon water everyday:
1. Lemon and water are made up of natural ingredients; natural substances without any additives, preservatives or processed elements. It adds no calories, contains no sugar, unlike other flavoured waters on the market, and it's as easy as infusing your fresh drinking water with sliced lemon.
2. A buildup of lingering waste in the body also adds to weight gain, so if you drink lemon water regularly, it cleanses your bowels with greater frequency.
3. Brimming with potassium; a lemon offers 80 milligrams of this mineral, helping to keep your bones strong and nimble.
3. Lemon water also helps out the digestive system by reducing the chances of tummy upsets such as diarrhoea and constipation.
4. Lemons are acidic, but they are also an excellent alkaline food; they can help balance your body's pH controlling yeast infections.
5. And finally, lemon water does reduce hunger cravings. The pectin fibre in the skin does help curb your desire to snack.
So simple, you hardly need a recipe for hot or cold lemon water. However I have been adding mint, ginger and turmeric along with other citrus.
3 lemons sliced
1 lime sliced
Handful of fresh mint leaves (optional). Add ice and water.
3 lemons and I orange (to add a little sweetness)
A few slices of fresh ginger or turmeric. Add to a jug of boiled water.